The UEFA Congress is UEFA's supreme controlling organ.
An Ordinary Congress is held every year. A second Ordinary Congress may be called by the UEFA Executive Committee to deal with financial matters and/or matters of particular significance.
Matters within its power include:
• receipt and consideration of the Report of the President and Executive Committee, as well as the Report of the UEFA administration
• acknowledgement of the financial report and the auditors' report, approval of the general accounts and budget
• election of the UEFA President
• election of UEFA Executive Committee members
• election of the European members of the FIFA Executive Committee
• election of the auditing body
• amendment of the UEFA Statutes
• consideration and taking of decisions on proposals
• consideration of membership applications and the exclusion of a member association
• decisions on the lifting or continuation of the suspension of a member association, UEFA Executive Committee member or a member of another body
• consideration of proposals for the dismissal of a UEFA Executive Committee member or the UEFA organs for the administration of justice
• receipt and consideration of the FIFA Congress agenda
• receipt and consideration of the minutes of the previous UEFA Congress
• bestowal of honorary membership
An Extraordinary Congress may be convened by the UEFA Executive Committee, or at the written request of one fifth or more of the UEFA member associations, stating the items to be placed on the agenda.
The XXXVIII Ordinary UEFA Congress took place in Astana, Kazakhstan on 27 March 2014, and the 2015 edition will be held in Vienna, Austria.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.