The UEFA President represents UEFA and chairs the UEFA Congress, as well as meetings of the UEFA Executive Committee. In the event of a tie in any vote, the president has the casting vote.
The UEFA president is responsible for:
• Relations between UEFA and the world football body FIFA
• Relations between UEFA and other continental confederations
• Relations between UEFA and its member associations
• Relations between UEFA and political bodies and international organisations
• Implementing the decisions of the UEFA Congress and the UEFA Executive Committee through the UEFA administration
• Supervising the work of the UEFA administration
In carrying out these responsibilities, the UEFA President consults with the UEFA Executive Committee. In the absence of the UEFA President, the highest-ranked available UEFA vice-president assumes his powers and duties.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.