UEFA has presented its UEFA Champions League revenue distribution system for the 2013/14 season. The estimated gross commercial revenue from the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Super Cup is estimated at around €1.34bn.
Some 75% of the total revenue from media rights and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the clubs, while the remaining 25% will be reserved for European football, and will remain with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs as well as solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
A total of 82% of any revenue received from the same stream in excess of €530m will go to the clubs, with the other 18% allotted to European football and remaining with UEFA for the purposes listed above.
In addition, a contribution of €40m will be made from the UEFA Champions League club share to the UEFA Europa League club share, as was also the case in 2012/13. Moreover, €3m from the club share will be allocated to subsidise the solidarity amounts for sides eliminated in the qualifying phase of this season’s UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
From the estimated gross commercial revenue, €55m will be assigned exclusively to the play-offs, as was the case in the 2012/13 season. Each of the 20 teams taking part in the play-offs will receive a fixed amount of €2.1m. After the deduction of the allocation for the clubs involved in the play-offs, the gross amount available for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Super Cup totals €1.285bn
The net amount available to the participating sides will be divided into two – €500.7m in fixed payments (group stage allocations, performance and qualification bonuses) and €409.6m in variable amounts (market pool). The market pool amount will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs playing in the UEFA Champions League (group stage onwards), and will be split among those teams competing from a given association.
The 32 clubs featuring in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage can anticipate a minimum €8.6m. The side that eventually wins the UEFA Champions League title this term could collect €37.4m, not counting the market pool share.
Each of the 32 teams involved in the group stage will collect a base fee of €8.6m. Performance bonuses will also see €1m paid for a win and €500,000 for a draw in the group phase. The sides competing in the round of 16 can also expect to receive €3.5m each, the eight quarter-finalists €3.9m and the four semi-finalists €4.9m. The UEFA Champions League winners will pick up €10.5m and the runners-up €6.5m.
Each domestic champion club that does not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage will be entitled to €200,000. Moreover, every club taking part in the competition's first qualifying round will get €150,000 if they do not qualify for the group stage, while second qualifying round participants who do not make it through to the group stage will receive €175,000 each. Clubs eliminated in the third qualifying round will earn €200,000 apiece.
Meanwhile, the winners of the 2013 UEFA Super Cup, to be played in Prague later this month, will be rewarded with €3m and the runners-up with €2.2m.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.