UEFA says the estimated gross income for the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League is €824.5 m - slightly higher than the 2006/07 campaign revenue.
Under the competition regulations, 75 per cent of the total revenue received from television and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the 32 clubs currently taking part in the group stage of Europe's premier club competition. The remaining 25 per cent is earmarked for European football and remains with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs, as well as for solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
New media contracts
It is also stipulated that participating clubs will receive 82 per cent of any revenue received from the same stream in excess of €530m, with the remaining 18 per cent allocated to UEFA for European football. In addition, 50 per cent of the revenue received from new media contracts concluded by UEFA will also be available for distribution to the clubs, and the remaining 50 per cent will be allocated to UEFA for European football.
The gross income for 2007/08 is estimated at €824.5m, and according to projections, will be made up of €819m from TV and commercial contracts and €5.5m from new media contracts. The total amount to be distributed to the clubs will be €588.6m, not including €31.4m for the professional leagues of the participating associations. €185.4m will go to UEFA for European football purposes.
Each of the 32 clubs in the group stage will receive a starting bonus of €3m. In addition, they will receive a match bonus of €400,000 per match. Performance bonuses will amount to €600,000 for a win and €300,000 for a draw in the group stage. The 16 teams playing in the first knockout round will receive €2.2m each, the eight quarter-finalists €2.5m each and the four semi-finalists €3m each. The UEFA Champions League winners will receive €7m, and the runners-up €4m. This means that a total minimum amount of €5.4m per club is guaranteed for the group stage. A club could receive, at best, up to €23.7m, not counting the market pool share and gate receipts
Market pool share
The remaining €280m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League, and will be split among the number of teams - four, three, two or one - participating from a given association.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.