The XXXVII Ordinary UEFA Congress will take place on Friday 24 May 2013 at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, England, starting at 09.30 local time. The Congress, which is UEFA’s supreme governing organ, meets annually and is made up of representatives from each of UEFA’s 53 member associations. A media conference, attended by the UEFA President, Michel Platini, and UEFA General Secretary, Gianni Infantino, will be held immediately after the Congress has concluded at approximately 16.30 local time.
The main items on the agenda are:
• The annual reports of the UEFA President and the Executive Committee, and the annual report of the UEFA administration for 2011/12;
• Reports on the activities of UEFA’s committees;
• Financial matters including the annual UEFA consolidated statement of accounts for 2011/12 and the budget for the 2013/14 financial year;
• Elections to the UEFA Executive Committee;
• A resolution on “European football united against racism”; and
• Application of the Football Association of Gibraltar for UEFA membership.
Media representatives wishing to attend the Congress are requested to apply for accreditation via the FAME portal (http://uefa.to/kHkU6T), whereas broadcaster applicants must use their bespoke portal (http://uefa.to/bPJPjr) to apply. The deadline for application is 16 May 2013 at midnight CET.
Media representatives who are not already registered with UEFA on the FAME portal can do so via http://uefa.to/gDwdAi. Media will not be able to apply for accreditation until they have successfully completed the registration procedure, and their registration has been approved by UEFA. For further information on accreditation matters, please contact UEFA’s media accreditation services by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A media working area equipped with wireless connection (WiFi) will be available. ISDN/ADSL or analogue lines will have to be ordered through the respective national telecommunications company. Further information on this subject will be issued together with the accreditation confirmation. The whole Congress will be streamed live on UEFA.com
Prior to the Congress, the Executive Committee will meet on 22 and 23 May, also at the Grosvenor House Hotel. The agenda for the meeting will be communicated in due course, together with information regarding a post-Executive Committee press conference to be attended by Gianni Infantino.
For further information
UEFA Media Services:+41 848 04 27 27
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.