The UEFA EURO 2012 Host Broadcast Talent Programme gave 230 students from Poland and Ukraine the opportunity to work at the UEFA EURO 2012 final tournament in the three host broadcasting domains of TV & Video Production, HB Logistics and Broadcaster Servicing.
The main objective in creating the programme was to award talented students work experience during the tournament in positions related to their academic studies in the fields of media, journalism and sport management.
Other aspects of the scheme included offering the students access to UEFA's online project management training, e-learning training modules and selected UEFA Certificate in Football Management (UEFA CFM) e-learning modules. In addition, after the championship, one Polish and one Ukrainian student earned the chance to visit UEFA's headquarters in Nyon for a week's experience. This entailed learning more about UEFA and its operations, working in a department linked to their academic studies and benefiting from the unique UEFA environment.
After meeting various universities in both countries, one partner university from each host city was selected to work with UEFA to deliver the programme. These were:
• University of Warsaw (Universitas Varoviensis)
• University School of Physical Education in Wroclaw (Akademia Wychowania Fizyczengo we Wrocławiu)
• Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznan (Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu)
• University of Gdansk (Uniwersytet Gdański)
• Kharkiv National University of Economics (Харківський національний економічний університет)
• National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (Національний університет «Києво-Могилянська академія)
• Lviv State University of Physical Culture (Львівський державний університет фізичної культури)
• Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Львівський національний університет імені Івана Франка)
• Donetsk National University (Донецький національний університет)
This was the first time UEFA had managed such a project and it created great UEFA EURO 2012 experiences and memories for all the universities and students involved.
Creating history together ...
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.