• The jury comprised renowned sports journalists representing each of the UEFA national associations.
• Each journalist initally provided a list of their top five players, with the first player receiving five points, the second four points and so on. The top ten overall were then the subject of a second round of voting.
• The three players with the most points from the second round of voting were shortlisted for the final round.
• The three nominees were announced on 14 August. They were, in alphabetical order: Manuel Neuer, Arjen Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo.
• The deciding vote took place in Monaco on 28 August when the journalists voted live, via an electronic system, to determine Ronaldo as the winner from the shortlist of three.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.