• The jury comprises renowned sports journalists representing each of the UEFA national associations.
• Each journalist initally provided a list of their top five players, with the first player receiving five points, the second four points and so on. The top ten overall were then the subject of a second round of voting.
• The three players with the most points from the second round of voting were shortlisted for the final round.
• The three nominees were announced on 14 August. They are, in alphabetical order: Manuel Neuer, Arjen Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo.
• This deciding vote will take place in Monaco on 28 August when the journalists vote live, via an electronic system, to determine the winner from the shortlist of three. In the event of a tie, the scores from the first round of voting will be used to decide the winner.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.